Shot on a 5DMKII, Helios 44/2 lens, Polarizer on the lens. No color correction.
Compatible with all video capable EOS cameras: 1D, 5D, 7D, 60D, 550D/t2i, 600D/t3i and others
A review by Philip Bloom
The CINEMA Picture Style is online.
SECOND TEST HERE:
Vimeo CINEMA Picture Style Group
Instructions on how to upload the CINEMA Picture Style on the Canon camera via EOS Utility
- Great perceived latitude on a 5d, but with a nice contrasty image
Latitude won't change with any picture style, but LCD tv' s render everything above RGB 236 as white or anyway too bright to not consider it white.
So the "great perceived latitude" is meant for the final user who will enjoy all highlights details because this preset shifts all those details in a lower, visible range.
But the curve is made to lower the highlights and boosting the area just below making the image contrasty even if whites are not whites
- Keeps details on shadows and highlights while remaining quite contrasted.
- Vivid colors on low saturated areas, no greysh or monochromatic cast
- Analog like colors on high saturated areas
- Very sharp image,
- Film colorimetry
- Doesn't need color grading
- Best usage of the 8 bit codec
The new "CINEMA" Picture Style was developed analyzing and replicating the a film stock colorimetry, and combined with a digital look and feel of high end digital cameras.