The official video for Beck's "Gameboy/Homeby (Que' Onda Guero)" 8Bit remix from the Guerro album/Hell Yes EP (also featured in Guerrolito, remix album, Interscope 2005). The first animated video ever directed by Wyld File.
Scene: The streets of Los Angeles
- We see a rug with reggae-salsa-techno mashup bootlegs, awesome noise 7inches, lazer discs, tapes, used Nintendo games, and a Yanni cassette. The dude's sidekick blows into the Nintendo carts.
- Another dude buys the Yanni tape (its Beck in disguise), and a crazy vegetable van passes letting out a ton of smoke from the exhaust, we fade into a graph mural on a wall of a butt farting out a huge fart cloud, it says "????7th heaven, cloud nine...ect..."
- A stretch hummer limo passes by (foreshadowing)
- A crazy street man with a burger king crown is dancing with a rave top hat out for donations. The dude throws the tape into the hat and we zoom into the smelly floppy rave top hat to see a magic world of intrigue and magic.
- also 3 thugs in white T's play jazz classics in triple time, no one puts a cassette in their hat.
Scene: workout room:
- Hipsters with electro-clash tank tops on excercise equipment watching closed-circuit television of the street outside
- They see nerdy dude with same t-shirt as them. Their faces melt.
- We see out from windshield of driving limo. The hood ornament looks like a replica of the leaning tower of pisa or the eiffel tower wearing a bikini. People on the streets are dancing, of course.
- The Yanni tape falls from the sky into a huge monster jeep that drives over the limo.
- There's a lot of graffiti dudes on the streets and the walls covered in these tags like "Michael Bolon" and "Jammz Juice" and especially the "Yanni" crew has particularly bombed this particular hood (as seen in the animated short).
- A graf dude trades cassette for a can of spray paint from girl in pink jeep.
- The tape falls out of other graf dudes bag and into this woman's tight butt cleavage.
- She trades the tape to dog faced man for a valuable gems stone.
- Dog faced man puts the cassette in into a blockbuster return slot.
- We see someone leaving blockbuster with the Yanni tape in a Bill Cosby "Ghost Dad" video box.
- We zoom into the darkness of Bill Cosby's mouth where we see a chorus line of popsicles dancing.
- Robots dancing: then a giant soccer ball with face on it comes and knocks them down and a fancy cat laughs at it all
- Dancing guy in a Gameboy outfit hands out flyers that has different fake video games playing on his face and lots of pixel animated bits. (might use live action for this part with our homemade cardboard gameboy costume and green screen it over the animated background.)
- A huge soccer ball hits man with a huge mullet and replaces his head, but mullet remains on soccer ball.
- The soccer man gets kicked by a go-bot's foot into a Kinko's pile of trash and then a Xerox machine falls on him and copies come out that are of Yanni's face.
- Dude rolls up poster and smokes it.
- A little kid watches fake cartoons on televisions in window of a store
- Graf guys are tagging "yanni" and cops don't notice
- Yanni's limo passes and his window opens and he sees a big Yanni tag and he sheds a tear.
- for screwed part: some one spills cough syrup onto a boom box and it gets fucked up, we see its
the Yanni tape, some one takes the tape off and begins to lick clean the tape of its slimey syrup coating
- A hummer limo is at a stop light and someone tags "Yanni" on the side. the window comes down and it's a dude with long hair and a mustache (aka Yanni) and he looks concerned, but then he sees how tight the piece is and how it looks like him so he gives the thumbs up and is surrounded by hotties in the limo and realizes that life is good so he drives away feeling satisfied.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?