This webinar will provide simple but often overlooked instruction on how the comics medium, and graphic novel format works.
• What are the differences between comic strips, graphic novels and manga?
• How does the combination of text and image impact comprehension?
• How do word balloons, thought bubbles and captions function?
• Who is the average reader for graphic novels: challenged, reluctant, average or gifted?
• What sort of subjects and or genres are published in the graphic novel format?
• Why do they call them graphic novels?