It was to be a routine procedure, a simple colonoscopy…
Unfortunately, it wasn’t.
She was sedated and subsequently aspirated causing stomach acid to enter her lungs, a place where acid should never be. Unfortunately, the anesthesiologist did not notice, and the procedure continued.
It was not until the oxygen alarm went off that the doctors recognized something was wrong, yet they decided to only suction her mouth rather that inserting a tube into the airway to remove the acid.
After the procedure she was left in the recovery room after which she complained of shortness of breath. Still nothing was done for 45 minutes at which time an ambulance was called.
She suffered from lack of oxygen, slipped into a coma and died 2 days later.
The surviving daughters were looking online for information and discovered my videos and reached out to me.
Had the doctors met the standards of care this tragedy would never had happened.
The case settled for more than $500,000.