Steph here from All The Mama Feels! Us moms will often go to the ends of the earth for our kids, but settle for the bare minimum for ourselves.
We feel guilty for spending money on ourselves, but when we invest in our wellbeing, we are investing in our kids' wellbeing.
Who does this?
- Buy all the organic foods for our kids. Mom eats scraps / leftovers / floor food.
- Enroll kids in best daycares, music lessons, art classes. Mom enrolls in Netflix (although nothing wrong with that either)
- Read all the books, go to all the doctors, buy all the natural remedies so our kids can have the best care. Mom survives off minimal sleep and nutrition.
Notice where we are willing to give the best to our kids but when it comes to ourselves: "I'm ok. I will survive".
But what message are we sending our kids when we do this?
"You deserve everything, but mommy doesn't"
"You are worth it, but mommy isn't"
Actions speak louder than words, how we treat ourselves is how they learn to treat themselves. Our happiness and wellbeing is critical to raising happy and healthy tiny humans. When you give to yourself, you can better give to others. And everyone wins.
So ask yourself, is your well being worth it? Is your child's well being worth it? What would it be like if you smiled more often, laughed more often, was present for those precious moments, felt the joy and magic of motherhood and had the tools to grow stronger through the challenges.
8 Week Global Mother Mindfulness Class starts Sept 25th. Watch until the end of the video for a $50 off promo code ($7/day cost reduced to $6/day).
- Build an empowered Identity
- Move through Mom Guilt
- Create deep and authentic connections
- Reclaim and reframe feeling "productive"
- Allow yourself to not only give, but to receive
- Grow stronger through the struggles
- Build your village, to honour your self care
Private Facebook Support Group: facebook.com/groups/allthemamafeels/