Hi, this is Dr. Hourglass, and welcome to another video in our channel Superhourglass. Today we are going to discuss: 5 Things to keep in mind about the hourglass tummy tuck. In this channel, we will discuss everything you need to know for you to get the hourglass shape you’ve always wanted.
Welcome back! The tummy tuck is the procedure we use to remodel the abdominal area in the sense of reducing and removing the skin and fat tissue that is in excess.
Most of my patients are looking for a tummy tuck intervention after a significant weight loss (more than 10 kg) or after having multiple pregnancies. They are wondering what the best procedure would be for them: the traditional tummy tuck, liposuction or the hourglass tummy tuck?
In most cases, my recommendation is the hourglass tummy tuck as it targets multiple needs and corrects body imperfections on several levels. Here are five important things you need to know about the hourglass tummy tuck:
1. It is the only method to get an hourglass silhouette. During the hourglass tummy tuck, we reduce the adipose layer on the flanks and abdomen and add volume to the hips, hence creating a better proportion between the shoulders, waist, and hips. The traditional tummy tuck can result in a Spongebob shape, but with the help of liposuction and fat transfer, we can remodel the silhouette completely.
2. It comprises of 3 different interventions performed at the same time. During this procedure, I use liposuction, fat transfer and abdominoplasty to achieve superior aesthetic results.
3. It can only be done under general anesthetic. This is important for the comfort of the patient as the procedure can be quite lengthy.
4. The results are very different from the traditional tummy tuck. Using liposuction to reduce the thickness of the adipose layer on the tummy before removing the excess skin in the area makes a tremendous difference in the end results. Adding fat transfer to the hips improves the body proportions and makes it look more harmonious.
5. The dimensions of the waist are significantly reduced. This does not happen during a traditional tummy tuck surgery. I prefer to use liposuction on the abdomen, the flanks, and the lower back. The fat is needed for the fat transfer to the hips, but liposuction will also contour the abdomen furthermore, improving the results of the tummy tuck.
There is a significant difference between liposuction, abdominoplasty and the hourglass tummy tuck. The hourglass tummy tuck is the only procedure that comprises of three different interventions with the aim to enhance the appearance of your body, not only the tummy area, by creating the hourglass silhouette.
In this video we discuss: 5 Things to keep in mind about the hourglass tummy tuck. In the next video we will discuss: Can I alter my body shape with lipo. Remember to comment below, share this video, like this video, and subscribe to our channel for more information, here at the Super hourglass channel, only on YouTube.
Also, you can log on to our website, drhourglass.com, for more information about your procedure and to see amazing surgical results. If you have a question please post it below and we will be happy to answer it. Maybe we will make a video about it.