Karlebo Kirke (church).
— About Karlebo Church —
* Karlebo Church is the oldest church in Karlebo parish.
* Several of the rock walls (the nave) originate from the beginning of the 1100’s
* Near the end of the 1200’s, the church was lengthened and the side rooms (creating a cross shape) were added.
* The tower is from the 1400’s.
* In the 1800’s, the previous entryway (våbenhuset) on the south side was torn down, but a sacristy was built on the north end.
* Entrance to the church is via the tower of the building.
* In the church, there are a few frescos from the so-called “Isefjord workshop”. The pulpit is from 1584.
* The altarpiece is from 1597 with a painting by C. Schleisner from 1856.
(Loosely translated from information from: karlebosogn.dk/page/1317/karlebo-kirke)