Sunday, September 23, 2018 - Changing Lanes: The Counselor
The counselor increases responsibility while decreasing control.
· Parenting the teen is about releasing, yet being responsible.
· “That’s a decision you can make.”
· The counselor often watches life teach the greatest lessons.
· The counselor makes sure the child is ready to leave by teaching basic life skills.
The counselor recognizes maturity.
· Maturity means you have a responsibility greater than self pleasure.
· Maturity is evidence when a person not only takes responsibility for their life, but also for someone else.
· Maturity means you honor and respect God ordained authority.
The counselor feels the pain.
· The pain of anxiety—v. 48.
· The pain of confusion—v. 50
The counselor and the kid keep growing.