Seven-year-old Aubrey, five-year-old Alex and three-year-old Braden tragically lost their lives during the Thanksgiving holiday of 2007 when a fire sparked in the Butler family's apartment. The kids were unable to escape and passed away from smoke inhalation.
Following the loss of their three grandchildren, Susan and Jim Butler founded the "3 little Halos" fund through The Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty. The fund supports organizations and programs dedicated to promoting fire safety, prevention and awareness, as well as other safe household practices.
"We want families to always have working smoke detectors and to make sure that they have a family [escape] plan that is practiced regularly" says Susan Butler.
Learn more at 3littlehalos.org.