Sound installation: LED lamps, metal structure, loudspeakers, sound and electric cables, computer, carpet, fragrance.
March 24 to June 30 2018, Exhibitions Pavillion, Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Porto.
An installation by Pedro Tudela and Miguel Carvalhais, developed from sound objects by guest authors. The artwork establishes an area for a multi-sensory immersive experience that dialogues with the architectural space and the permanence of the visitor. Speakers, flooring, light, fragrance, and a hovering frame create an infrastructure for three sound pieces for computer and speakers, to be presented for one month each. These are fed by the contributions of the guest artists, articulated in non-linear, generative and open algorithmic compositions.
Commissioned by oMuseu and Exhibitions – Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Porto.
- Project coordination: Lúcia Almeida Matos
- Deputy Coordinator and Production: Luís Pinto Nunes
- Research: Luís Pinto Nunes, Miguel Carvalhais, Pedro Tudela
- Production assistance: Isabel Gonçalves
- Artists, sound objects: Alex FX, Alexander Rishaug, André Gonçalves, Andreas Trobollowitsch, Artificial Memory Trace, Arturas Bumšteinas, Attilio Novellino, Carlos Santos, Carlos Zíngaro, Cem Güney, Dan Powell, David Lee Myers, Diana Combo, Durán Vázquez, Emídio Buchinho, Emmanuel Mieville, Enrico Ascoli, Enrico Coniglio, Astrid & Ephraim Wegner, Haarvöl, Freiband, Gintas K, Graeme Truslove, Hugo Paquete, Ifs, James Eck Rippie, Janek Schaefer, Jazznoize, Jim Haynes, Jonathan Uliel Saldanha, Jörg Piringer, Jos Smolders, Lawrence English, Luca Forcucci, Maile Colbert, Marc Behrens, Martijn Tellinga, Mikel R. Nieto, Mise_en_Scene, Monty Adkins, Morten Riis, paL, Ran Slavin, Richard Eigner, Saverio Rosi, Simon Whetham, Sound Meccano, Stephen Vitiello, Sturqen, Tamtam, Tuulikki Bartosik, Ulrich Mitzlaff, Vitor Joaquim, Yiorgis Sakellariou
- Frame: Luís Albuquerque Pinho, Luís Pinto Nunes, Miguel Carvalhais, Pedro Tudela
- Speaker stands: Miguel Carvalhais, Norberto Jorge, Pedro Tudela
- Exhibition equipment setting: Carlos Lima, Jorge Garcez, Tiago Cruz
- Fragrance development: i-sensis perfume design – Eduardo Oliveira, Paula Gomes
- Photographic documentation: João Lima
- Video documentation: Patrícia Viana Almeida
- IT support: João Rodrigues
- Communication: Communication office, FBAUP
- Graphic Design: Márcia Novais
- Education: Education office, FBAUP
- Technical staff: Ernestina Dias, Miguel Rodrigues
- Sponsors: Crónica, Garcia e Albuquerque – Arquitectos
- Acknowledgements: António Ferreira, João Azinheiro, Luís Albuquerque Pinho, Marta Rodrigues, Rosi Avelar, FBAUP team, directions of Licenciatura em Artes Plásticas, Licenciatura em Design de Comunicação, Mestrado em Estudos Artísticos, Doutoramento em Artes Plásticas.