GigDots is a visualisation of music events in London. It displays gigs happening up to the next seven days by visualising their location, genre and popularity.
It allows a user to easily discover a wealth of information about music in the city, such as:
- The most musically active and vibrant areas.
- Events that are the most popular/talked about.
- Areas that are particularly good for certain genres.
- Events that are free.
- Visualisation engine and UI developed in Processing.
- Events data gathered from Timeout London.
- Popularity data gathered from Twitter.
- Data is automatically updated through a Server side PHP script on a daily basis.
- GigDots is released as a Java applet.
Gigdots was designed and developed by Daniele De Matteis & Andy Barnard
ekid.it | iamandybarnard.com