Originally built in1872 as a simple, rectangular hall made of local pine, over the years the Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Church gained several additions, the most recent in 1947. Although the congregation now generally meets in another space, this building is still preserved in its original state, and used for special services throughout the year.
Body Text The Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Church is located in the north central portion of the city of Ham Lake, and has a cemetery around it. The National Register application notes that “its simple and restrained design is characteristic of Swedish Lutheran churches throughout rural Minnesota” and the Midwest. This Anoka County National Registry of Historic Places video was produced by students from Hennepin Technical College Video Production Program in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. Produced by Anoka County Historical Society, Rebecca Ebnet-Mavencamp, Executive Director, Audra Hilse, Archivist and Sara Given, Coordinator and Directed by Chris Rose.