From Photons captured by a Camera to Photons emitted by a Display
In this seminar, FilmLight's Daniele Siragusano provided a full and complete picture of how data acquired by a camera is recorded, manipulated, finally interpreted and prepared to be viewed by the audience. Several fundamental concepts were explained:
- Camera profiling: the principles of camera encoding and operations.
- A novel way to think about exposing a camera.
- Different colour grading styles and their heritage.
- Colour appearance modeling and preferred colour reproduction.
- Base Grade: a photographic approach to colour grading.
The FilmLight seminars at the International Cinematography Days 2018 took place in Stuttgart on the 16th and 17th March.