The Windego Park Auditorium was built in 1914 with encouragement from local music educator Thaddeus P. Giddings, and served as a frequently-used community space for music and theater performances for the next two decades. Falling out of use after Giddings moved away from the area, the last recorded performance was given there in 1938. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
This Anoka County National Registry of Historic Places video was produced by students from Hennepin Technical College Video Production Program in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. Produced by Anoka County Historical Society, Rebecca Ebnet-Mavencamp, Executive Director, Audra Hilse, Archivist and Sara Given, Coordinator and Directed by Yang Vang.