KOCCA Contents Impact Project "DateScientist x Artist x News"
Product : ARTINCO Co., Ltd
Team : ARTINCONVERGENCE
1) What kind of people are making this news?
- We are “ART IN CONVERGENCE” team, a part of beautiful news project.
We are planning and making contents combining virtual reality technology with art and culture.
2) Why did you choose a refugee as a theme?
- Recently, there have been international effort and achievements for peace of the Korean Peninsula. However, at this moment, there is a war on the other side of the Earth, and the circumstance in Syria, causing the most number of refugees ever in global history, is regarded as the worst tragedy of the 21st century.
The death toll from the war in Syria reached 350,000, and 10 million people are wondering around as they lost their homes from the war. The United Nations estimated that there are 6.2 million people wondering in Syria and 5.6 million people wondering outside Syria. Among these people outside Syria, a half of them, 2.8 million people, are children. We felt so sorry for those refugee kids living everyday full of “hopelessness” and “tragedy” and losing pure dreams and hopes because of wrong desires and greed by adults.
Even under this severe circumstance, children of Syria are not losing their precious dreams. As we heard this news, we wanted to give those children the “life of no war” and the “life after the war” as they only remember the life of war.
3) In conclusion, what kind of contents is it?
- We tried to explore the approach to “refugee,” the global issue, with the VR spatial design art. While other media recorded this civil war via words, photographs, and other images, we designed the virtual space with VR art tool and used the photogrammetry data for people to feel the sense of reality of the actual war site. Moreover, we will deliver images and messages of peaceful Syria depicted by children of Syria through the VR live drawing.