CITY OF AUGUSTA
November 5, 2018
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Father John Hay, St. James
1. OCTOBER 15, 2018 CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Approval of minutes for October 15, 2018 City Council meeting.
E. APPROPRIATION ORDINANCE
Consider approval of Appropriation Ordinance #10A dated 10/17/18 and Ordinance #10B dated 10/31/18.
1. Call for Other Visitors.
1. ENGINEERING SERVICES AGREEMENTS FOR DESIGN ENGINEERING FOR SIDEWALK/TRAIL PROJECTS (6:45)
Consider approval of the engineering services agreement in the amount of $22,500 for design engineering for the Belmont to Shryock Park sidewalk/trail; Consider approval of the engineering services agreement in the amount of $30,800 from City Engineer Schwab Eaton for design engineering for the Lulu to Frisco Street Trail.
a) Staff Report
b) Agreement – Belmont to Shryock Park Trail/Sidewalk
c) Agreement – Lulu to Frisco Street Trail
2. CITY ENGINEER SUPPLEMENTAL FUNDING REQUEST #2 FOR THE 2017 STREET SALES TAX PROJECT (28:28)
Consider approval of supplemental funding request from City Engineer Schwab Eaton in the amount of $7,900 for extra work required to complete the project.
3. REVIEW AND DISCUSS STAFF PROPOSALS FOR ADDITIONAL STREET MAINTENANCE WORK UNDER THE 2017 STREET SALES TAX PROJECT PACKAGE (32:00)
Review and discuss proposed street maintenance mill and overlay projects to expend the roughly $36,000 in savings (based on quantities) remaining for the amended 2017 Street Sales Tax Project package.
4. BID AWARD FOR WATER AND SANITARY SEWER MAINS FOR THE APPCON 2ND ADDITION DEVELOPMENT; RESOLUTION 2018-25 AUTHORIZING OFFERING FOR SALE OF TEMPORARY NOTES (47:13)
Consider approval of the low bid in the amount of $39,198.50 from Mies Construction for installation of water and sanitary sewer extensions to serve the Appcon 2nd Addition development; consider approval of Resolution 2018-25 authorizing the offering for sale of general obligation temporary notes, Series 2018-1.
a) Staff Report
b) Bid Award – Mies Construction
c) Offering for Sale of G.O. Temporary Notes, Series 2018-1
5. AMENDMENT TO ENGINEERING SERVICES AGREEMENT FOR WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT SCADA SYSTEM (1:02:26)
Consider approval of an amendment to the scope of the engineering services agreement with Aqua Tech Engineering Consultants for the WWTP SCADA system, at a not-to-exceed amount of $172,000.
6. PURCHASE OF ANIMAL CONTROL VEHICLE SLIDE-IN UNIT (1:43:40)
Consider approval of the purchase of a slide-in unit for the new animal control truck from Jones Trailer Company in the amount of $4,897.91.
7. FEE SCHEDULE RESOLUTION NO. 2018-26 AMENDING THE GENERAL DIVERSION FEE FOR MUNICIPAL COURT (1:45:35)
Consider approval of Fee Schedule Resolution No. 2018-26 amending the General Diversion Fee from $50.00 to $100.00 to match the current fees for D.U.I. diversions.
8. UPDATE ON CONDEMNATION PROCESS OF SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL STRUCTURE AND A DETACHED RESIDENTIAL GARAGE LOCATED AT 432 EAST BROADWAY AVENUE (1:51:00)
Receive an update from staff regarding the condemnation of a single-family residential structure and a detached residential garage structure located at 432 East Broadway Avenue; Table any further condemnation action until November 19, 2018.
9. ORDINANCE NO. 2140 ESTABLISHING CERTIFICATES OF OCCUPANCY AND HABITATION WITHIN THE CITY OF AUGUSTA, KANSAS AND PROVIDE THE ENFORCEMENT THEREOF (1:52:46)
Consider Approval of proposed Ordinance No. 2140 establishing Certificates of Occupancy and Habitation within the City of Augusta, Kansas and providing the enforcement thereof.
10. ZONING DISTRICT RECLASSIFICATION FOR PROPERTY LOCATED AT 12249 SW HWY 54 IN THE GROWTH AREA (2:48:37)
Consider accepting the Augusta Planning Commission’s recommendation to approve Ordinance No. 2141 zoning district reclassification from CC – Central Commercial to I – Industrial for property located at 12249 SW Hwy 54 in the Growth Area.
H. MATTERS FROM/FOR COUNCIL (2:51:24)
1. City Manager – Consider scheduling a work session for Monday, November 26th, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. to meet with representatives from EverBlue Lake Solutions to discuss eurasion water milfoil at Augusta City Lake.
2. Call for Other Matters. (Council members may be recognized at this time to address the Governing Body regarding items not specifically listed on the Agenda)
I. INFORMATIONAL MEMORANDUM
J. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Removed from agenda)
1. Non-Elected Personnel Matters. City Manager recommends that Council go into executive session to conduct the City Manager’s annual performance review.