Medicare appeals are frequently cited by the aging network as one of the more daunting areas of health care assistance. This Legal Basics training will help participants gain a foundational understanding of the Medicare appeal process. Participants in this free webcast will obtain a basic understanding of the following:
• The difference between an appeal and grievance;
• The levels of appeal in both original Medicare & managed care;
• Expedited appeals; and
• Practice tips and suggestions for helping older adults navigate appeals and grievances.
• Georgia Burke, Directing Attorney, Justice in Aging
• Amber Christ, Senior Staff Attorney, Justice in Aging