* This Pt. 1 shows a Z-Stuff DZ-1012v Infrared Block Signal Detector and Relay automatically controlling two 3-rail O-gauge trains on the same track.
* Pt. 2/2 is at youtu.be/LMSptSSnkcw or vimeo.com/300124648 .
* More COMMENTS are below in Para. B.
A. ~~~~~~ CONTENTS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
* NOTE: You should be able to “JUMP” to ANY SECTION of the video, by clicking the below minute:sec numbers.
Fast-forwarded Overview: 0:08 min
A Introduction: 5:44 min
B Demo 1, Run Using 10 Sec. Delay: 9:24 min
C Demo 2, Run Using 23 Sec. Delay: 16:00 min
D Demo 3, Run Using 2-8-0 Loco: 21:31 min
E Demo 4: Monitoring Track Voltage: 23:55 min
F Review Track Block & Detector Assy.: 26:10 min
G Demo 5: Detector Operation: 28:16 min
H Demo 6: Adjusting Time Delay: 31:49 min
I Demo 7: Pushbutton Capability (not used): 34:25 min
J Demo 8: Lighted Pass. Cars Pushes Loco In Block: 36:45 min
K Discuss Adding Rheostat: 39:12 min
L Demo 9: Operation w/Rheostat: 40:46 min
M First Hookup-DZ-1011 & DZ-1012v: 44:31 min
N Demo 10: Verify Resistance Across Output Terminals: 46:16 min
O Demo 11: One-Train Operation: 48:27 min
P Demo 12: One-Train, Station Stop: 49:47 min
Q Wiring Diagrams on the Web: 53:23 min
R Wiring Diagram 1-Connecting Signal to Relay: 54:41 min
S Wiring Diagram 2-Connecting DZ-1012 to Track: 56:45 min
T Adding the Rheostat: 1:03:10
The END: 1:05:41
B. ~~~~~~ COMMENTS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
* This is probably one of the SIMPLEST methods you can use to control two non-DCC trains on the same track.
* It just requires 1 "Stop Block" to be cut in the center rail (or either rail if 2-rail track), and then placing the detector-relay combination at the end of the block.
* This Part 1 -- "Delay From Front" method -- shows a Z-Stuff DZ-1012v Infrared Block Signal Detector placed at the END of an isolated "Stop Block" in the center-rail.
* The Detector's time delay is used to cut off the power in the block -- which will STOP a following train that is following too closely to a leading train that just passed through the block.
* Part 2 demonstrates the "Release From Rear" method -- whereby the "front" train gets "trapped" in the red Stop Block, and waits until a train following from the rear activates the Detector and changes the block to "Green".
* This method shown in Part 1, is probably a more VERSATILE method, than what is shown in Part 2.
* Thus this "Delay From Front" method shown in Part 1 is the RECOMMENDED method. But in some cases this "Release From Rear" method shown in Part 2 may work better.
C. ~~~~~~ LINKS FOR THIS VIDEO #668: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
* Pt. 1 -- that you are now watching -- is on Youtube and Vimeo here: youtu.be/LMnjJLROMQc or vimeo.com/300117722 .
* Pt. 2 is on Youtube and Vimeo here: youtu.be/LMSptSSnkcw or vimeo.com/300124648 .
* Note that you can DOWNLOAD the video from the Vimeo site.
* The earlier Video #667 "Talley Ober's O-Gauge Insulated-Rail Automatic Control of 3-trains, No Relays No Electronics" shows a layout controlling 3 trains using the insulated rail method: youtu.be/1v_yhwUtwco or vimeo.com/283900932 .
D. ~~~~~~ LINKS FOR RELATED VIDEOS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
* See Part 2 for the links to the related videos, excerpts of which are shown at the end of Part 2.
E. ~~~~ WEB PAGE LINKS:
* The drawings seen in the video are here: autocontrols.wordpress.com/z-stuff-dz-1012v-block-detector-automatically-controls-two-o-gauge-trains .
* The O Ga. RR Forum discussion thread for this video is here: ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/video-z-stuff-dz-1012-block-detector-controls-two-o-gauge-trains-on-1-mainline .
* Home page for automatic controls info: AutoControls.org
* Z-Stuff website: z-stuff.net/dz1012.html
* 1st Track: Simple Minds - "Don't you forget about me" (instrumental version) — uploaded by Youtube user 'Ranker001': youtu.be/Efbrhiqnqf4 .
* 2nd Track: Unknown title.
This iMovie10 video was uploaded by JamesIngram.net . (Description updated 11/21/18.)