Built in 1854, the Shaw-Hammons House was also known as DeGraff-Follrath House. It is the oldest extant home in the city of Anoka. In 1854, Neil Shaw purchased and platted 160 acres with his three sons. The family developed the land, building their home of simple wood and clapboard siding while using elements of Greek Revival style architecture in its formal design. This Anoka County National Registry of Historic Places video was produced by students from Hennepin Technical College Video Production Program in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. Produced by Anoka County Historical Society, Rebecca Ebnet-Mavencamp, Executive Director, Audra Hilse, Archivist and Sara Given, Coordinator and Directed by Josh Olson.