October 2nd, 2011
Leads: Keith Landa, Craig Little, and Krister Håkansson
Summary: This session will focus on the kinds of learning activities and instructional technology tools that workshop fellows may use to meet the objectives of their GNLE courses.
• Review of learning outcomes developed to date by the workshop fellows.
• Workshop leaders share examples of activities that they set up for their courses, what tools they used and how they mapped the activities to their course outcomes.
• Discussion: matching learning activities to course outcomes.
• Demonstration of a sample of tools that can be used to support learning activities in globally networked courses.
• Break-out and hands-on sessions for each team to develop an activity to meet one of the learning outcomes defined by fellows on day 2 of the workshop.
• Group Discussion: participants present their initial plans for learning activities and instructional tools, and receive feedback from the group.