In this short film I share some of the reasons why I resigned from the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Sources of the material used in this film:
(1) Royal College of Psychiatrists: Values and Behaviours "Our values underpin everything we do. Below are each value and the behaviours which we expect from our staff and members involved in College work.": rcpsych.ac.uk/about-us/what-we-do-and-how/our-values-and-behaviours
(2) The Lancet Psychiatry,VOLUME 5, ISSUE 12, P954, December 2018, the words of Sarb Bajwa, Niall Boyce and Professor Wendy Burn: Researching, practising, and debating mental health carehttps://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(18)30438-3/fulltext
(3) Publicly made declarations made by paid opinion leaders in British Psychiatry.
(4) Statements made in the public domain by senior British Psychiatrists who are members of the Royal College of Psychiatrists [I have kept screenshots, in a dated archive, of many such statements made over a number of years and can evidence on request]
(5) 'The Fresh Monday' by Dexter Britain, kindly made free to share under common license
(6) 'The Angel of Ashes' - sung by Susanne Sundfor, Scott Walker Revisited (BBC Proms, 2017)