Over the course of several years we documented the construction of Salesforce Tower, the tallest building in San Francisco for at least the next 50 years. This is a culmination of observational "journals" we edited after capturing countless hours of the construction process.
Production started with a one-off overnight shoot with no expectation that it would evolve into anything more. In fact, you will notice the huge aesthetic and tonal difference between "Journal 01" and the remaining five journals.
A building rising from the earth is no small feat, and over the course of documenting the erection of Salesforce Tower we came to realize the deep thought, planning, and human elements that go into a rather spectacular process most people never have the opportunity to observe.
In the end, our goal with this series of Journals was less about sharing the granular process of construction, and rather to highlight the spectacle, the wonder and the human spark underlying all feats of man-made accomplishment.
INTRO: “Witness” by Oliver Michael & “Torn Down” by Jonathan Barlow (Artlist)
1. “Thin Glass” by LUMINAR (Artlist)
2. “Wakeup” by MVRK (Marmoset) & “Rebirth” by More Like Georgia (Marmoset)
3. “In the Trees” by Hey Monet (Marmoset)
4. “To the Mines” by Ryan Taubert (Musicbed)
5. “Speak We’re Listening” by Ryan Taubert (Musicbed)
6. “All Is Not Lost” by Tony Anderson (Musicbed)
END CREDITS: “Taken From a Void” by Oliver Michael (Artlist)