Written and directed by Simone Giampaolo.
Models: Sheela Clericetti, Sophie Hepp.
- BEST FILM at the SWISS TELEVISION CONTEST "A QUALCUNO PIACE CORTO" (SWITZERLAND)
- BEST FILM at ONCE A WEEK FILM FESTIVAL (USA)
- BEST FILM OF THE MONTH at INDIEDEMAND FILM FESTIVAL (USA)
- SOCIAL MESSAGE AWARD at THERMAIKOS INTERNATIONAL 2MIN FILM FESTIVAL (Greece)
- AUDIENCE AWARD at THERMAIKOS INTERNATIONAL 2MIN FILM FESTIVAL (Greece)
- ANNECY+ 2013 (Annecy, France)
- ANIMATED EXETER 2012 (Exeter, UK)
- PEACE ON EARTH FILM FESTIVAL 2012 (Chicago, USA)
- N4YP FILM FESTIVAL (Berlin, Germany)
- NATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL FOR TALENTED YOUTH 2012 (Seattle, USA)
- ASTERFEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL 2012 (Strumica, Macedonia)
- INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL DETMOLD (Detmold, Germany)
- FILM FESTIVAL CENTOVALLI (Switzerland)
- SEOUL INTERNATIONAL EXTREME-SHORT IMAGE & FILM FESTIVAL (Seoul, South Korea)
- TEEN INTERNATIONAL SHORTS FESTIVAL (Turkey)
- ROMA CREATIVE CONTEST 2012 (Roma, Italy)
- JAXON FILM FEST (Michigan, USA)
- FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL BRASIL STOP MOTION (Recife, Brasil)
- THERMAIKOS INTERNATIONAL 2MIN FILM FESTIVAL (Greece)
- INDIEDEMAND FILM FESTIVAL 2012 (New York, USA)
- 60th BELGRADE DOCUMENTARY AND SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (Belgrade, Serbia)
- 2nd INTERNATIONAL MOTION FESTIVAL (Nicosia, Cyprus)
- SCHWEIZER JUNGFILMFESTIVAL LUZERN (Switzerland)
"White + Black = RED" is a socially positive animated short with a strong antiracist message.
The story is about an argument between two opposite characters: one white and one black who, by the end of the film, learn how to respect and love each other.
It is entirely stop-motion animated on two female bodies, a pale one and a darker-skinned one.
Therefore, I'm very grateful to the two models, who’ve been really, really patient during the production of this animated short!
We hope you'll enjoy it!
LOVE TO ALL!
In order to watch the making of "White + Black = RED", please visit vimeo.com/33287684.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?