Given 83% of all of our waters contain #plastic #microfibres and a 1/3 of this is said to come from the #fashion industry, learn how you can be apart of the solution, not the problem..
Having debuted the social film at the V&A and the #UnitedNations #GeneralAssembly earlier this year, Part 1 of the #Catwalk2Creation docuseries directed and produced by award-winning duo Charney Magri and @Ramzi Moutran is now live.
"Catwalk to Creation is the journey or two #sustainable garments, in reverse. By following the #supplychain we uncover what happens behind the campaigns that #RamziMoutran and I have spent much of our careers shooting, to raise awareness on the fashion industry. In this particular series we focus in on the environmental side; one episode looking at #synthetics & #naturalfibres, the other a next-gen solution.
While leading the conversation and making sustainability aspirational through powerful content we aim to deliver clarity to an often confusing and convoluted industry. We work closely with the #UN aligning with the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 agenda and aim in advancing transparency in the supply chain, empowering the consumer to make a more educated decision when using their purchasing power.”
Want to know more?
Catwalk to Creation is the compilation of over 12 months of research but there is always room to ask more questions. Here at Fashion 4 Change we encourage you to continue to be curious and support you on your journey to find the best solutions. Here are some of the biggest leaders in the industry who will help you on your way:
- Learn more about the C&A Foundation on their website: candafoundation.org
- watch the C&A Foundation’s Executive Director's Ted Talk: youtube.com/watch?v=sCSn2HKTg-U
- Watch the C&A Foundation’s Executive Director’s interview on Conscious Chatter: consciouschatter.com/…/s02-episode-75-canda-foundat…
- Visit the The Woolmark Company Website: woolmark.com
- Find out more about the International Woolmark Prize website: woolmarkprize.com
- Learn more about sustainability in the fashion industry through inspiring talks, clothing swaps and cultural events at @Global Fashion Exchange: globalfashionxchange.org/
- Become apart of the global movement and sign the petition at Fashion Revolution: fashionrevolution.org/
- Link in with people and resources that will help your business to thrive at Common Objective: commonobjective.co/
- Find out which suppliers are developing business solutions to protect ancient and endangered forrest at Canopy: canopyplanet.org/
- Look at how the British Fashion Council's Positive Fashion is championing the long term sustainability of the fashion industry: britishfashioncouncil.com/About/Positive-Fashion