- Air-sealing capability to control energy-robbing air leakage, allowing the furnace and air conditioning equipment to work less hard and more efficiently.
- Consistent performance at the rated R-value through the life of the building. Insulation should not sag/settle or off-gas within your walls over time, creating gaps and voids and losing its R-value.
-Flexibility that lets the insulation expand/contract with your home to ensure that the insulation completely adheres to the walls and eliminates any air gaps in the walls that allow air to pass through.
Icynene® soft and flexible foam creates a seamless air-seal, helping homeowners achieve potential energy savings of up to 50% every month versus traditional insulation.
See what you could save with Icynene® insulation and air barrier, which minimizes air leakage better than conventional insulation.
Healthier Air Quality
The right insulation does for our home what our skin does for our bodies. It can help regulate temperature, moisture and overall health.
What makes Icynene® the right insulation?
- Icynene® is 100% water-blown foam insulation and does not off gas into the indoor environment. Icynene® is HFC-free: HFCs are often used as a blowing agent in other foams and are considered to be high Global Warming Potential (GWP) gases.
- Icynene® is a Class 1 fire rated product without the use of PBDEs. Used as flame retardants in building products, PBDEs are considered to be harmful for the health of building occupants.
- Icynene® is a qualified air barrier that minimizes the intrusion of outdoor allergens and pollutants.
- Tests have confirmed that Icynene® is not a food source for mold
Icynene®'s acoustic properties help reduce airborne noise levels that originate from within your home, such as home theaters and children's play areas, as well as common noises originating from your external environment.
Icynene® is also ideal for minimizing noise originating from plastic plumbing pipes within the walls (from flushing toilets, for instance).