This image was provided in the 'Play RAW' category at pixls.us for anyone to edit. Link to the original:
The Darktable sidecar file will be uploaded in that thread.
- First of all I wanted to increase the brightness. The result were soft and creamy colors I wanted to emphasize without loosing them.
Summary of my edits:
- Exposure increased
- Blue tones were a bit overexposed so I decreased blue in white balance
- Highlight reconstruction set to reconstruct color in the case there are overexposed areas
- Denoise (profiled) just a bit to keep as much details as possible. Got rid of chroma noise, luma wasn't that bad since most of the background was unsharp
- A bit haze removal that added a bit contrast and color
- Vibrance to give a bit more color (more subtle than increasing saturation)
- A bit sharpness with the equalizer
- Some details and contrast emphasized with lowpass-filter
- Crop and rotate to highlight the Flower
All edits are done with Darktable 2.6, a free and open source RAW-converter