Biblical wisdom about money.
· Debt is not a sin.
· Saving is encouraged in the Bible, debt is discouraged.
Saving never becomes our focus—James 1:9-10
· Wealth has limited value—Ecc. 5:10
· Strive for balance—Prov. 30:8-9
Saving means we are thinking about the future—Prov. 13:22
· Saving is one way we provide for our family—1 Tim. 5:8
· Saving is saying “no” now so you can say “yes” later.
Saving creates margin—Prov. 10:15
· Save for the unexpected.
· Saving means freedom.
Saving in order to be generous—Luke 6:38
Where do I start?
· Attack old debts, avoid new debts.
· Control spending.
· Honor God. Save Something. Manage the Rest.