Make a decision about what you are going to do and do it.
· You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
· Jesus doesn’t want to get your money, Jesus want to make sure your money doesn’t get you.
Live by Biblical priorities.
· There are precepts and principles that the Bible gives us about money.
· Three Biblical guidelines.
- Honor God with your money.
- Save for the unexpected.
- Live with generosity.
The case for tithing
· Why tithe?
- Tithing is Biblical—Malachi 3:10
- Giving reflects the heart—Matt. 6:21, 24
- Giving teaches us to trust God—1 Tim. 6:17
- Tithing comes with a promise—Malachi 3:10
Where am I as a giver?
· I tithe, should I increase my giving?
· I give, should I give systematically?
· I have never given, am I ready to start?
What happens to me when I tithe?
· I am living in obedience.
· I am in partnership with God.
· I keep money in its place.
· I am changed.