Three Books to Read That Will Make the Trip Better:
* Mauna Kea Guide: amzn.to/MaunaKeaGuideBook
* Parallel Universes: amzn.to/_TheHiddenReality
* Understand It All: amzn.to/UniverseINaNutshell
More Info About The Drive:
* Coming Soon
Hawaii's Mauna Kea towers over 13,000 above the Pacific Ocean. A tourist with a sense of adventure can drive to the Summit and see the Eyes of Earth; literally, the telescopes on Mauna Kea's summit serve as our planet's eyes into the Universe.
I hope you enjoy this summation of the entire experience including:
* Car Timelapsing
* Walk Timelapsing
* Steady Timelapsing
* Good Music
Saw a lot of questions about driving up Mauna Kea and what the road is like so I filmed the whole trip and packed it into a short video that summarizes:
1) Ocean to Visitor Center at 9,300 feet
2) Visitor Center, Gravel Road, and Return to Paved Road Below Summit
3) Summit Road.
4) 10 Minute Hike to True Summit
Hope this is helpful: DRIVING UP MAUNA KEA
Your options for getting up via a car are:
1) Only Car Rental That Allows You To Take Care Up the Mountain: harpershawaii.com/maunakea.html
2) Break the Contract and Use the a Cheaper Rental Car (I Saw A Few People Doing this and that is a violation of the Contract which is Bad).
3) Take a Guided Tour: maunakea.com/