Sunday, February 3, 2019 - < Perfect: Relationships
The better you are at relationships the better you will be at marriage.
My marriage may be less than perfect, but it can still be great.
· Forgiveness is a spiritual commodity.
· The more real your own forgiveness the more easily forgiving others becomes.
· The closer the relationship the greater the impact of forgiveness.
· There is nothing that can’t be forgiven.
· Trying to change your mate is disrespectful and can destroy intimacy.
· Change what you can, change your response.
Leaving and cleaving—Genesis 2:24, Matt. 19:5, Eph. 5:31
· I am financially independent.
· I am emotionally independent.
· I am spiritually independent.
· My mate is my first priority.
· When I have to choose, I choose my mate.
Lack of appreciation—Prov. 18:21
· Speak life into your family.
· Value those you love for who they are and not what they do.
· It takes 7 words of affirmation for every word of condemnation.