This how to properly engage with police when they do suspicious things. We were riding by on bikes and noticed he's hiding his name and has no badge number. So we decided to ask him. He did not answer. we asked a ranking officer is that policy? The LT. quickly went about fixing his attitude. This is a common practice among cops at occupy's around the US .That way he/she cannot be named or referenced if he/she participates in police misconduct . Its in most police departments policies that all officers in uniform must show some form of identification. OPD does not wear badges with #'s, how do we hold anyone accountable?
THANKS OPD LT C.WONG for stepping up and holding the officer accountable on camera!
1. I did not have my face covered and Im not some out of town punk. I am a proud Black Male resident of OAKLAND
2. I never stated the cop had evil intentions.Im just tired of cops getting away with shit because there is no proof.
3.I posted this video because of the officers ATTITUDE. We asked him politely why over 10 times. no answer and was trying to give me the intimidation stare. We remained respectful and non violent. Thats what cops ask for right?
4. All the officer had to say was...I'm hiding my name for my families safety. I dont want my family harassed.Then I would NOT have posted the video.
5. This is for OSCAR GRANT!
6. I have been slamed to the ground, had guns pointed at me, hit with nightsticks and held in handcuff being humiliated by POLICE and was NEVER arrested. KARMA just came back to equal out all the times cops have violated me and my friends!
on page 5 section C. line item 3
3. Each officer shall wear a badge, nameplate, or other device on the outside of his or her uniform or on his or her helmet which bears the identification number or the name of the officer, as required by Penal Code § 830.10.
The number or name shall be clearly visible at all times. The letters or numerals on helmets,
jackets, and vests shall be clearly legible at a distance sufficient to provide a measure of
safety for both officers and demonstrators/observers and, in no case, shall be less than two
inches in height on helmets.