My latest archviz project using Unreal Engine.
For this project, I inspired myself from an existing cabin design (Woonpioniers). The goal was to push the limits of the engine (again...) but with the challenge of seeing the outside environment as well as the interior.
The lighting was crucial in this part, and took me a while to nail it down. I used a lightmass importance volume for the interior, light portals on the window opening to focus the ray calculation for the interior, skylight is NOT using an HDRI.
For the modeling process, I used 3DS Max and Datasmith for the export pipeline, helping me save some time on importing Vray/Corona textures. I tweaked them manually later in the shader graph inside UE4.
Concerning the lightmaps, I unwrapped complex objects for a better UV Layout, thus giving better GI and shadows.
Texturing process is once again driven by the accuracy of Megascans/Mixer, and Substance Painter