* Best Short Film Award at Open City Docs Fest 2012, London *
* Special Mention at UrbanEye Film Festival 2016
* Shortlisted in the 2012 Grierson Awards *
* Selected at Astra Film Festival 2012 *
* Selected at The 13th RAI International Festival of Ethnographic Film, Edinburgh 2013 *
* Screening at USC Center for Visual Anthropology, Dornsife University of Southern California, March 2014
The Marble Village
There are places where (reportedly) nothing happens. People left and never came back, others died, and a few remained. Nothing new under the sun: this is the story of industrialisation and urbanisation. But what is left behind? Or is it better to ask: who?
From a forgotten village, somewhere in Eastern Europe, four people tell us the story of the marble village.
20mins © 2011
Directed & edited by Ioana Dorobanțu
Camera: Marius Danci, Rafael Vasilcin
Music: Ion Dorobantu, Daniel Dorobantu