BASALTEX BAS1101 prepreg is an impregnated basalt fabric designed as fire barrier in composites for public transport, aerospace, maritime, automotive as well as building and construction.
Basalt fibers are extruded from 100% basalt volcanic rocks. They are characterized by outstanding mechanical properties combined with unique heat resistance.
Basalt fibers are inert at high temperatures, will not soften like glass fibers, and retain their structure as barrier in a fire.
- VOC free – safe to use
- self-extinguishing with low heat and smoke release
- structural integrity at higher temperatures
- rated to IMO FTP Code, EN 45545-2 and FAR 25.853
- cure between 130 – 150 °C (press moulding, vacuum bagging, autoclave)
- short cycles and high productivity by press moulding
- stable at room temperature for several weeks
- 100% ecological and environmental friendly