Open Banking APIs & PSD2: What Problems Should Transaction Banks Solve First?
Matthew Leavenworth & Craig Ramsay
Open Banking APIs & PSD2 will be a reality for European banking in 2019. The transaction banks and their clients are wading through the details of the regulation, the tech speak, the challenges, and decisions on how to move effectively forward. Will this be an opportunity or a threat? Craig Ramsay, GLCM (Global Liquidity & Cash Management) Global Innovation Lead for HSBC joins Matthew Leavenworth, Chief Product Officer at Modo to discuss ideas and recommendations to help create an effective path forward. They will be answering these pressing questions:
* What problems/opportunities should transaction banks solve first to best serve their clients?
* What should they be focused on and prioritizing?
* Should they be thinking just about aggregating the transactional information, or is there a richer data set that can be created in this new environment?
* Should banks look to create a cooperative ecosystem or look to other options? Should they do both?
In this non-technical discussion, Craig and Matthew will shed some light on how one of the most important banks in the world is thinking about PSD2 as well as what new entrants like Modo can bring to the table.
*Matthew Leavenworth, Chief Product Officer at Modo
* Craig Ramsay, GLCM Global Innovation Lead at HSBC