Sunday, April 28, 2019 - Grace Changes Everything: Grace Changes How I Look at God
What is grace?
· Grace is love that cares and stoops and rescues —John Stott
· Grace is the good pleasure of God that inclines Him to bestow benefits upon the underserving—A.W. Tozer
· Grace is love that seeks you out when you have nothing to give in return. Grace is love coming at you that has nothing to do with you. Grace is being loved when you are unlovable. Grace is a love that has nothing to do with you, the beloved. It has everything and only to do with the lover—Paul Zahl.
What is my view of God?
· The distant God.
· The scary God.
· The narrow God.
· The gracious God.
What does the Bible tell us about God’s grace?
· God identifies Himself as gracious—Exodus 34
· The character of God determines the actions of God.
· Mercy is the withholding of the punishment we deserve—Psalm 103:8-10
· Grace is giving the blessings we do not deserve —Psalm 103:8-10
· Grace is giving the greatest treasures to the least deserving.
· God’s grace restores—2 Corinthians 5:17-18
· God’s grace justifies—Rom 3:23-24