Here is my first video with my new HF100.
Shot in 24p. Captured with iMovie '08. Inverse Telecine with JES Deinterlacer. MacMini Dual Core 2Ghz 2GB RAM
I used Beach Mode on the first beach clips and then I switch to Cinemode on the rest. On my camera, while on Beach mode it looked over exposed, but then on my TV it looked great. Does it still look over exposed to anyone? I did not change exposure. No color correction.
Since I am new, I want to share the workflow, since it took me a while to understand some of this stuff with 24p and pulldown removal.
If you shoot 24p:
1) Capture with iMovie 08 - Full Import
2) Go to Finder, and look for the Events folder
3) Download and install JES Deinterlacer
4) Drag clips you want to remove pulldown into JES
5) Under "Input" choose Top field First
6) Under "Project" choose Inverse Telecine, Detect cadence breaks, suppress interlaced scene, 10.0 factor. output frame 23.976
7) Under "Output". choose progressive out, direct: Apple Intermediate Coded, Copy Sound.
8) Files will be written to the same location with an extention " proj.mov"
9) Once process is done, make sure iMovie is closed, delete old files, rename new files (using automator or manually) and open iMovie again.
10) Start your project in iMovie.
11) Export by going to Share, Export using Quicktime.
Frame Rate: Current
Key Frame: 24
Frame Reordering: Checked
Data Rate: Automatic
Optimized for: Download
1280 x 720 HD (must be the HD option!!!)
Check Deinterlaced Source Video
Check, prepare for Fast Start.
Song Credit: Caribe - Michel Camilo
Any comments on how can I improve my workflow/quality?