Director : Olivier Arsandaux
Musique : Alexis Maingaud
- Virginie BASSELOT - Le Negresco (Nice)
- Sébastien BRAS - Le suquet (Laguiole)
- Dominique CRENN - Atelier Crenn (San Francisco)
- Alexandre GAUTHIER - La Grenouillère (La Madeleine sous Montreuil)
- Julien POISOT - Château de Mercues (Mercues)
- Emmanuel RENAUT - Flocons de sel (Megève)
- Fabrice VULIN - The Tasting Room (Macau)
The characters in the film share a common denominator... A FactorX
Synopsis: From birth, our path seems already traced, as pre-formatted.
Our place of birth, our family, our environment, and then our education will lead us to what seems to be our path.
Our schooling can elevate us, but it can also hurt us.
Our life course is often oriented towards the most comfortable and least risky path.
Entrepreneurship or living your childhood dream is not part of our culture.
However, some of us dream bigger, higher, more true, some have only one desire: Excellence.
This excellence is found in us, everywhere, it is enough to be attentive to the signs, but above all to have more desire than fear.
The world of haute cuisine reflects our hierarchical society, but its way of operating is very different, because it is based on solidarity, team spirit and rigour in all positions.
While Julien, a starred chef, is competing in the prestigious competition for the Best Worker in France, 6 great representatives of French gastronomy share with us their experiences and their moments when everything has shifted towards excellence.