What are some of the ways you can promote a book while it is being written?
I would tell the story of the story. Bring people alone with your writing. Set up a blog. I recommend Google Blogger, it is free and super easy to get going. You don’t need any web person. This is a great way to build your platform of followers
• Post the progress of the writing.
• Post what you have written, sections from the actual book. Don’t worry that it isn’t perfect, it is the rough stage.
• Repost the post on a Facebook page
• Tweet the post, and any other social media
• Take people on a journey of the writing, if you visit someplace for research for the book, talk about.
• If a children’s book, show the sketches, the rough drawings, the finish drawings
• Show people your writing space, people love that
• Release a chapter as a downloadable pdf, very easy to do.
• It is being public about the book and the process way before you ever release it.
• As you build posts you can look at the stats and see what people are interested in.
J. Bruce Jones is the best selling author of over 40 books. Bruce writes and teaches authors how to create, publish and launch their books.
Learn more about publishing your own book at
Come and join the FaceBook Group, How to Publish Your Book