SHOOT for GOOD is a Belgian non-profit organisation, based in Brussels. It was founded in 2009 by 4 friends with a shared passion for photography. The objectives of the organisation are two-fold:
• To support and promote the work of photographers.
• To financially support projects for social re-insertion through the Arts.
SHOOT for GOOD organizes photo exhibitions on a yearly basis, gathering pictures from amateurs, aficionados, and professionals alike around a common theme. The photographs exposed during the exhibitions are then sold as limited editions in order to raise funds for a specific charity.
The previous exhibitions were:
“6 milliards d’hommes” held at the SMART Showroom in Overijse
“Oh my God” held at Impressions du Centre, close to the Rue Dansaert, and
“Movements” in Tour & Taxis.
Through the success of these exhibitions the organization has raised over 30.000 €, donated in turn to the following NGO’s:
• Thirumalai Charity Trust, India, involved in rural development (women’s rights, health, agriculture, etc).
• Espace Masolo, Democratic Republic of Congo, fostering and enabling the re- insertion of child soldiers through the arts.
• Article 27, Belgium, giving greater access to cultural events and activities to people living in difficult social or economic conditions.
Whilst the initial exhibitions counted mainly amateur photographers amongst its participants, the success of the first editions has brought with it the participation of professional photographers from around the globe.
SHOOT for GOOD’s motto is “donate a picture”, encouraging professionals to contribute to the action by donating a picture of their own collection and authorizing us to sell it in their name.
As a result, SHOOT for GOOD is proud to count 17 professional photographers amongst the 31 participants for this year’s “Contrasts” exhibition.
Video by: deligraph.com