A brief look at the inside of the Gallery of Modern Art in Brisbanne Australia.
The background scenes used during the 40 second introduction are from Samoa (non-American Samoa) where my SO, Lamby, and I tarried briefly on our way to Australia, and where I enjoyed a brief, but very nice 30 minute dip in the mountaintop pool of crystal clear water that you see in the background near the beginning.
This film comes complete with an introduction by myself, Lawrence the Cat, appearing whenever he speaks during his intro . . . the levels of luminance comprising his personage becoming more opaque the louder each level of the audio spectrum is spoken, and more translucent as these levels approach zero - at which point there is zero opacity.
This was all made possible by my program is Visual Basic 5.0 which did the actual work. However, there are a number of other programs I had to use first to correlate the levels of each frequency/cycle range with the opacity/translucency of my visage, including those used on the Apple OS, such as Graham Cox's "Spectrum Analyzer for iTunes, vers. 3.0 for iTunes 10.4, Mac OX 10.6 or later," a very nice freebie downloadable from the net, as well as a licensed copy of "Camtasia" that I recently purchased - a video screen capturing program for Apple that I enjoy immensely.
Using these two programs, I was able to record the spectrum of my voice on my Mac to a video. Then, after switching to Windows, and converting the video to an AVI, I used A4 Video-Image Converter to export the video to images. Finally, in Visual Basic I was then able to scan each successive image and record the levels (using the XY coordinates of each successive "bar") to a sequential file. I then opened this sequential file - which contains the 10 frequency bar levels for each frame in the entire film - in another VB program I wrote to "map" these recorded levels of the audio spectrum to the opacity/translucence of my face, juxtoposed pixel by pixel upon the Samoan scenes in the background (also exported images from a separate video). This program took about 48 hours to complete all 1794 frames that comprise the "introduction."
After this I opened all the 1794 frames in Virtual Dub 1.9.11 and using the ffdshow codec compiled them into the finished avi video (of the introduction). Then I converted that avi file to a mov file using AVS video converter, switched back to Apple, and added the scenes of the Gallery of Modern Art using Final Cut Express!
At long last, I was finished (except for uploading the video to Vimeo)!
I apologize for the substandard sound quality (I definitely need an external microphone!), but am nonetheless very proud of my accomplishment! I hope there are those out there who enjoy this!