Great British Chefs demonstrates how to make choux pastry.
150g plain flour
1 teaspoon each sugar and salt
100g unsalted butter
1. Sieve the flour, sugar and salt onto baking paper. Bring water and butter to the boil, slide flour mixture in and stir well.
2. Remove from heat. Using a wooden spoon, beat mixture until it forms a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides.
3. Beat the eggs and then beat into the mixture, a little at a time, until smooth.
4. Keep beating until all the egg mixture is used up and you have a paste that is thick and shiny. The mixture should drop when tapped lightly.
5. Pipe or spoon the mixture onto a greased baking tray and bake at 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven, make a small hole in the underside of each bun and cool on a wire rack.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?