Speaker: Dimitar Stamov, JPK BioAFM, Bruker Nano GmbH, Berlin (DE)
AFM has become an indispensable tool for the structural and mechanical analysis of samples ranging from single molecules to complex biological systems in life science and biophysics labs worldwide. It provides outstanding lateral and spatial resolution and does not require specific sample preparation or modification. It is currently being used in simultaneous, correlative studies with advanced optical and super-resolution techniques.
The JPK NanoWizard ULTRA Speed 2 meets the rising demand for novel developments and applications which enable the study of dynamic processes and kinetics in macromolecular systems with high temporal resolution. With line rates of 600 Hz and video rate imaging of up to 10 frames per second, it provides outstanding performance.
We will focus on the following applications:
• Accessing challenging biological samples, e.g. highly corrugated specimen
• The dissolution of calcite crystal plane terraces
• Thermodynamic de-/rehybridization of double-helical DNA
• Melting/crystallization of polyester polycaprolactone (PCL) films, and
• Fibroblast cells measured in liquid.