Scriptural Basis: Gen. 1:26, 27; Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; John 14–16; Phil. 2:6.
Key Text: “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life” (Jude 1:20-21, NKJV).
1. When you try in your mind to picture God, what do you think of?
2. Why is the doctrine of the Trinity important?
3. What do you think is the most compelling scriptural evidence of the Trinity?
4. What does God’s triune nature suggest about our need for relationship?
5. Though some early Adventists struggled with the doctrine of the Trinity, today, the church has taken a firm stand on the doctrine. What does this suggest about the unfolding nature of truth?
6. In what ways does God’s triune nature affect our everyday lives?