The purpose of labelling, all the rules and the following regulations on a label along with pictorials of actual packaged food labels.
1. Rules and standards for packaging material
2. Truth in labelling
3. Checklist for labelling requirements.
4. What is the list of ingredients? Which ingredients need to be listed, which packaged foods are exempt with examples of actuals lists found on food labels.
5. Nutrition information, kcal to kJoules conversion, per serving, % daily value, RDA, foods exempt
6. Understanding the difference between, best before, use by and expiry date. Shelf life and dates
7. Product Specific labelling for packaged food: Infant milk and milk products, Food additives, irradiated food etc.