Demoreel 2011 breakdown:
Green Lantern (Rising Sun Pictures)
2011 Lighting TD - Maya, 3Delight, Houdini, Mantra, Nuke
- Lit and rendered several shots in sequence, and provided support to other lighting TDs. Participated heavily in the Lookdev and shader development, ensuring that we had photoreal assets that were easy to light. I also ran most of the contrails for the sequence, with tools from the FX team, almost forty shots.
Australia (Rising Sun Pictures)
2008 Lighting TD - Maya, 3Delight, Shake
- Lit and rendered several crowd shots of simulated cattle. Main focus on this was not just getting these cattle to sit on the plate, but to make sure there was a natural variation to their look, which happened at render time. Worked with shader writers to get the right look, and the variation controls.
Wolverine (Rising Sun Pictures)
2009 Lighting TD - Maya, 3Delight, Shake
- Lit and rendered all the shots in the bone claw sequence, approximately eight, and many of the shots in the adamantium tank sequence, and metallic claw replacement later in that sequence (not featured on reel).
Terminator Salvation (Rising Sun Pictures)
2009 Lighting TD - Maya, 3Delight, Shake, Nuke
- Lit and rendered shots on the ‘Aerostat’ sequence. Modeled and textured many parts for the Terminator that comes out of the water, as well as lighting it. This also required a lot of animated textures to be taken from the plate, and reprojected back onto this new model.
Harry Potter 7 part 1 (Rising Sun Pictures)
2010 Look Development, Lighting TD - Houdini, Mantra, Nuke
- I was actively involved in the look development of the Horcux, Designing many of the early shaders that were used on this asset, in Houdini. I was also responsible for setting up a pipeline for lighting and rendering all the environmental effects for the Horcux, which were provided to me by the FX team. This included smokey fire at the base, volumetric mist, dust, leaves and twigs blowing around the set. I ran over twenty shots of environment lighting, and supported the lighting of the main asset.
Comcast (Animal Logic)
2007 Lighting TD - Maya, PRMan, Digital Fusion
- Lit and rendered the Rabbit with jetpack, razor blade, and then projected matte paintings onto the snow slide for the last few shots.
Happy Feet (Animal Logic)
2006 Lighting TD - Maya, PRMan, Digital Fusion
- Lit and rendered shots of the characters, under the direction of a Key lighter.
Xbox Commercial (Fuel VFX)
2007 Lighting TD - Maya, Mental Ray, Shake
- Developed shaders and textures, lit and rendered balloons for a dozen shots.
Carlton Draught Commercial (Animal Logic)
2008 Lighting TD - Photoshop, Maya, PRMan, Digital Fusion
- Textured the beer glass and lit eight shots as the glass falls from the plane, to wreaking havoc on the streets.
Halo Vacuum Commercial (Animal Logic)
2008 Lighting TD - Maya, PRMan, Digital Fusion
- Lit and rendered three shots of dust mites marching.
The Dragon Pearl (Rising Sun Pictures)
2010 Look Development, Lighting TD - Maya, 3Delight, Shake
- For three months I primarily worked on the look development, working closely with the art director, texture painters and shader writers to get a look that satisfied all the creative and technical requirements, as well as the cultural requirements of the Chinese government. I then moved onto lighting and rendering the Dragon asset in a dozen shots within the cave.
Optus Commercial (Fuel VFX)
2007 Lighting TD - Maya, Mental Ray, PRMan, Shake
- Groomed, Lit and rendered the Ostrich character. I also spent two days on set gathering the VFX data we required for effective lighting: HDRIs, grey ball reference, basic measurements and reference photography. The character was rendered in Mental Ray, and PRMan was used for the fur and feathers.
Nissan Dualis Commercial (Fuel VFX)
2007 Lighting TD - Maya, Mental Ray, Shake
- Lit and rendered shots for two commercials. Also provided support to Flame team, providing custom mattes and passes for the final composits.
Currently working on:
The Hunger Games (Rising Sun Pictures)
2012 Sequence Lighting Lead
- Details to be released in March
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (Rising Sun Pictures)
2011 Lighting Lead
- Details to be released in February
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?