This is the result of a school project i made for "New Media Development" in my 3rd year Digital Design and Media at Howest.
I used two servo motors attached to the original remote control of the car to adjust speed and steering. These are controlled by an Arduino Uno, which gets the accelerometer data from the iPad through a socket server on my laptop. I also fitted my old Android smartphone to the car, which uses an IPCam app to stream the video to the iPad. The "camera", the iPad and the laptop are connected to the same Wi-Fi network to share their data.
This is my first Arduino project, which uses the Firmata code, ArduinoConnector Native Extension, AirServer and Adobe Air. The car is fitted with an optional faster engine. This, as you can see, results in an extreme amount of wheelspin ;)
Music by The Black Keys - Lonely Boy