Zero Weeks will be the first feature documentary to analyze America’s desperate need for modern paid family leave policies. Through Ellen’s passionate career, we follow the historical arc of family and medical leave and how our nation arrived to where it is now. Zero Weeks argues an economic, social, medical, political and global case for paid family leave by creating a poignant, hopeful and honest snapshot of how the work-life balance impacts American families and businesses. The film follows various American families from different socioeconomic backgrounds as they are forced to choose between the family they love and the job they need.
• WORLD PREMIERE: Camden International Film Festival, September 2017
• NEW YORK PREMIERE: DocNYC, November 2017
• WEST COAST PREMIERE: Portland Film Festival, November 2017
• BEST DOCUMENTARY from International Women's Film Festival
• BEST EDITING from Colorado International Film Festival
• Focus Award for “Achievement in Directing” from Women in Film
• Culture Champion Award from Family Values @ Work in partnership with Labor Project for Working Families