Jon Stuen-Parker's passionate presentation from the 2009 Ibogaine Forum. This video was Produced and Edited by Mark Krieglstein / Wiggle Puppy Productions. © 2009
For More Info About Jon Parker Please Visit - yalemedicine.yale.edu/ym_su01/needle/needle1.html
For More Info About The Forum & Ibogaine Please Visit - neu.edu/ssdp/ibogaine/
2009 Boston Ibogaine Forum at Northeastern University
Ibogaine is a revolutionary poly-drug addiction interrupter that happens to be a schedule I drug, meaning that according to the FDA, there are no medicinal indications and a high likelihood for abuse. Unlike the hype of the counter-culture's sacramental-like advocacy of LSD and mushrooms in the 1960s, very few people knew of ibogaine or had ever taken it; unfortunately what little was known led it to be condemned by Richard Nixon with all other so-called ''hallucinogens." Indigenous to the West African Republic of Gabon, ibogaine is believed to be the principle active ingredient in the iboga plant, which has been used by the people of the Bwiti religion. For centuries, the Bwiti utilized iboga in rituals involving the veneration of deities or communication with ancestors as well as for treatments of various physical and mental ailments. In the west, however, the use of ibogaine has primarily been for treatment of chemical dependence to various drugs of abuse, including: nicotine, cocaine, alcohol, heroin and methadone/suboxone.
Check out ibogaine.com or log onto USTREAM.TV and watch the entire conference (search wpptv) or see link below. Also feel free to search YouTube for tons of video testimonials and documentaries regarding ibogaine's religious and medical implications.
Team Wiggle Puppy
Mark Krieglstein - Director / Camera / Editor
Sara Yule - Producer / Camera / Keeping it Streaming
Labrets NYC - Executive Producer / Pizza Provider
Special Thanks to: Dana Beal, Kevin Franciotti, Paul & Jason Farrell and Jay S.
2009 Conference Information
Co-sponsored by the Northeastern Students for Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP), Cures Not Wars and the National AIDS Brigade. Additional workshop ideas, submissions and volunteers for workshops without speakers welcome!
Schedule of Events
Saturday, Feb. 14, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* 9:45 a.m. Registration at table outside Curry Student Center ballroom
* 10:00 a.m. "Facing the Habit" — a film by Magnolia Martin
* 11:00 a.m. Introduction — Rommel Washington
* 11:15 a.m. Ibogaine 101 — Dana Beal
* 12:20 p.m. Ibogaine Safety and Treatment Protocols for Different Drugs — Chris Lawrence, Dr. Jeff Kamlet (video conferenced), Clare Wilkins
* 1:30 p.m. Lunch
* 2:30 p.m. Chemistry of 18 Methoxycorinaridine (synthetic ibogaine) — Justin Kirkland
* 3:30 p.m. Ibogaine & GDNF — Roman Paskulin, Tracy Blevins
* 4:30 p.m. Ibogaine, Dream States and Fetal REM — Arielle Torra, Carl Anderson
* 8 p.m. Party
Sunday, Feb. 15, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* 10:45 a.m. Registration outside room 450, Dodge Hall
* 11:00 a.m. "Rite of Passage" — a film by Ben DeLoenen
* 12:00 p.m. Lunch
* 1:00 p.m. Ibogaine for Hepatitis C, chronic pain management and other conditions — Preston Peet, Philip Fiuty, Rocky Caravelli, Chris Lawrence, Jason Farrell
* 2:20 p.m. Ibogaine vs. other detoxes — Patrick Kroupa, Mark Corcoran, Preston Peet
* 3:30 p.m. Ibogaine and other psychedelics used to curb addiction — John Harrison and others TBA
* 4:40 p.m. Ibogaine and the Entheogenic Scene — Dimitri Mugianis, Makky, Carl Ruck
* 6:00 p.m. Reception
Monday, Feb 16, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* 10:00 a.m. Ibogaine: The International Scene —Rosaria Davalos, Zulema Medrano, Anwar Jeewa, Jason Chamon, Ben DeLoenen (video-conferenced)
* 11:00 a.m. Ibogaine Development and the Harm Reduction Movement — Doug Greene, Phil Fiuty, Mark Kinzly, Howard Lotsof
* 12 p.m. Lunch
* 1:00 p.m. Integrating Ibogaine into Existing Boston Harm Reduction and Treatment Scenes — Jason Farrell, Jon Parker
* 2:00 p.m. Action for Ibogaine in Massachusetts and at the Federal Level — Jon Stuen, Don Vereen (invited), Rick Doblin, Noah Potter (invited), Phil Fiuty
Tune In @ Wiggle Puppy Productions TV (aka WPPTV)
WPPTV - On Vimeo (For Pros) @ - vimeo.com/wigglepuppypro
WPPTV - On Veoh (For Semi-Pros) @ - veoh.com/channels/WPPTV
WPPTV - On YouTube (For Everyone Else) @ - youtube.com/WPPTV
WPPTV - On USTREAM.TV @ - ustream.tv/wpptv
Check us out on MySpace @ - myspace.com/wigglepuppyproductionsllc
Face Off @ Facebook - new.facebook.com/pages/Wiggle-Puppy-Productions/9943866265
Get Synched, Get Linked On LinkedIn @- linkedin.com/in/wigglepuppy
Check our Pulse @ Plaxo - wigglepuppy.myplaxo.com
Join Wiggle Puppy’s Mailing List @ - wigglepuppy.fanbridge.com
BOOTSY THANKS YOU!!!