Dark patterns are prevailing many of the interfaces we use, and our data is collected, evaluated and handed over to third-parties left and right, often without us noticing at all. Can we fix it?
In the session, we look into:
- How do we deal with advertising, tracking, sensitive data collection and treatment of data?
- How do we “sell” ethics and privacy to managers and clients?
- How do we change the culture of dark patterns in our interfaces?
- How and when do we integrate privacy, ethics, security in our -design/dev workflows?
- How do we maintain privacy and ethics over time?
- How does GDPR help us shift the culture on the web?
A session, moderated by Vitaly Friedman, exploring questions you have, and the problems that we all need to address. With Trine Falbe, Laura Kalbag, Heather Burns, Cennydd Bowles, Stuart Langridge and Morten Rand-Hendriksen.
These are also the questions we explore in our brand-new Smashing Magazine Print, a new printed magazine that's created to make you think.